Creative Commons License
The Sub Way; Teach Fresh by Kelley Herman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Immigration 2015




As a close to my 4th graders' immigration unit, I created this video.  It showcases all of their hard work throughout the unit studying the third wave of immigration.  They explored through the lens of an immigrant character that they were assigned.  They kept a diary chronicling their journey and even went through two simulations as their character.  The students had a very authentic learning experience with this unit and at the end I wanted to capture it to showcase at the celebration with parents.  They loved it!  They loved seeing their child's learning in a fun and visual way.  I loved using Animoto because it is so user friendly and is a simple way to do something like for the class and parents.  It is a great storytelling tool as well to display learning at the end of a unit.  I will surely be making more Animoto videos in my teaching career!

No comments:

Post a Comment